We have developed a systematic procedure that enables managers to create required outcomes from meetings with efficient use of time and effort. It's based on the idea that there are 7 aspects of meetings that need to be managed, and 7 types of meetings that require different approaches.
Meetings are so often very wasteful of time, and therefore money, simply because there is no model to follow of what a good meeting looks like. This is a tested model, and it works.
The 7 aspects of Meetings
- : Marking boundaries - NO
- : Exchange of information and attention - HELLO
- : Engendering rapport - THANKS
- : Taking decisions - GOODBYE
- : Intending to persuade - PLEASE
- : Needing to account for behaviour - SORRY
- : Getting the OK - YES
We have created a Meetings Manual that shows how these ideas can be employed, and we are available to train people in the use of it. For a while, we are making this document available free of charge, and would appreciate any feedback from those of you who download it.
DOWNLOAD MEETINGS MANUAL